Do you dream of getting out in an RV or motorhome to explore at your own pace? Have you ever wondered which option would be better for you: buying or renting an RV? Here at A&M RV Center
in Anchorage, Alaska, we help countless people make their travel dreams a reality and have these points for you to consider when deciding whether to rent or buy a motorhome.
Pros of Buying An RV
- One of the first things to consider is how long you plan to travel in the RV. One week or three months? Will this be just for one season or ongoing? If you plan on making RVing part of your lifestyle and this isn’t just a short family camping trip, you are likely going to come out ahead financially if you purchase. You can always sell it on consignment in the future, if you decide to.
- Purchasing a motorhome allows you to personalize it, decorate, and make it feel like home. Making it truly your home away from home.
- With your very own RV, you never have to worry about rental return dates or other people’s timelines. You can be as spontaneous as you like!
Pros of an RV Rental
- Motorhome rentals generally come furnished with everything you need for the kitchen, linens, and towels. Sometimes there is a small fee, but at least there is no need to go out and furnish a second home.
- Maintenance and repairs are the responsibility of the rental company. Dependable companies will offer roadside assistance as part of their rental packages.
- With a rental, you don’t have the hassle of winterizing or storage at the end of the season nor do you have the prep and dewinterization when taking it out for the season.
Whether you are a local or a tourist, A&M RV Center is your one-stop in Anchorage for motorhome rentals, RV sales, and RV service and repairs. We are a family-owned and –operated business serving the community since 1954 and would be happy to discuss more of the pros and cons of renting versus buying with you in person. Contact us (907) 279-5508
or request a rental reservation
using our online system and get on the road to enjoy the majestic scenery and countless adventures that Alaska has to offer.